Buying & selling Trading and Refund Policy
Buying and selling is based on the decision of Karrot users. We encourage users to resolve disagreements through dialogue in respectful and courteous manner, all members must follow and abide by our Community Guidelines at all times.
Sellers may refuse unreasonable demands. They also have the right to not respond to rude or abusive messages. Let us know about users who make unreasonable demands or behave inappropriately through disapproval ratings or reports.
Sellers should provide clear photos and descriptions of the items they are selling.
Sellers can refuse requests for refunds due to a change of heart or misreading a product description, or refunds one month after trading the item if none of the following are valid.
Sellers must offer refunds if
- the seller cancels the deal after receiving payment;
- the item is not delivered or given to the buyer;
- the item is not given/delivered to the buyer within 24 hours of the agreed time (direct meet up or postage);
- the actual item is different to as advertised on the post;
- the seller receives payment without giving the item to the buyer and the buyer cancels the deal;
- the item is faulty/damaged without stating this in the item description; or
- the item is damaged or lost during delivery.
Like Sellers, Buyers can refuse unreasonable demands. They also have the right to not respond to rude or abusive messages. Let us know about users who make unreasonable demands or behave inappropriately through disapproval ratings or reports. Buyers can request a refund in the circumstances stated above.
Buyers should only start a chat with a seller if they have a genuine interest in buying. Cancelling a deal is inconvenient for both buyers and sellers. Buyers should also offer payment within one day of the agreed time. If not, buyers could be suspended for delayed payment.
Karrot does not act as intermediary between buyers and sellers. The responsibility concerning deals and transactions lies with the buyers and sellers. All users must follow the Operational Policy, users who go against this Policy are subject to suspension and limited access. Inappropriate behaviour or language will result in suspension.