Karrot ratings Community Guidelines
We want Karrot to continue to be a safe and comfortable place for everyone. Our community is based on trust and mutual respect. Help us foster this community by following these Guidelines. This makes Karrot better for everyone.
- Respect each other. If you’re nice to someone, they’ll most likely be nice to you.
- Be kind and courteous. Treat others how you would like to be treated.
- Be punctual. If you set up a pick up with someone, make sure to be on time.
- Keep the other person updated. Think you’re going to be a little late or something’s come up? Let them know.
- Chat with other users in the day and avoid messaging late at night or early in the morning.
- Try to meet up face to face rather than postage, we are a community after all.
- Only make an offer to a Seller if you have a genuine interest in buying.
- Before asking questions to the Seller, make sure to read the item description.
- Be reasonable with your offer.
- When organising a Meet Up, try to meet closer to the Seller.
- If you’re paying in cash, make sure you have the right change.
- If you’re lucky enough to get a freebie, don’t forget to say thanks.
- Upload photos you’ve personally taken.
- Write clear and accurate product descriptions in simple English.
- Make sure your item is clean before passing it on.
- If you’ve decided on a deal with another user, then set your post to Reserved.
- Even if you get more offers, sell the item to the buyer whom first made a reservation.
- If you’ve bought an item off Karrot and need to resell it, set the price lower and include your reason for reselling in the description box.